Friday, December 6, 2013

Love Yourself and Thy Neighbor

I have a serious lady-crush. My lady-crush is on the beautiful, Tess Munster, model and fashion blogger. She has become a major influence in my life and a catalyst for the confidence I am trying to build for myself.

Source: The Huffington Post
Tess admits to having very emotional times in her life. No one can live without struggle, but somehow she glistens in pictures with a radiant beauty that inspires me like no other. For a weird reason, I feel like I know her (and her hot boyfriend) now that I've been reading her blogs (and My Plus-Size Life), following her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and stalking any article she has with the Huffington Post or other media sources. She's seriously amazing. She also gets the best clothes.

Source: Erika Nelly

She created the hashtag and Instagram account #effyourbeautystandards to help women form their own self-love and body consciousness. It's through these little things, like a confident photo or strong hashtag that will help women become a more successful power in our world. With the objectification of women in our media and the way male politicians completely ridicule women politicians (see video), we need to stand up for ourselves and realize we are beautiful, strong, sexy, smart, real, and equal. It is only when we love ourselves that we can love others -- and accomplish our dreams.

I am here to say that because of women like Tess, I am finally comfortable with my body, my brains and my life as a woman.

Comment below with other rad ladies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment